Preparing Your Wedding Liturgy
The Structure or Framework of the Wedding Liturgy
Preparing your Wedding Liturgy
The Marriage liturgy follows a structure which is common to many celebrations. There are 4 or 5 sections:
- Introductory Rites
- To welcome the couple and everyone and bring them together so that they are ready to celebrate the rest of the liturgy
- Liturgy of the Word
- The readings from scriptures in which God speaks to us today
- Celebration of Marriage
- The exchange of consent and other elements by which the couple are married.
- Liturgy of the Eucharist & Holy Communion
- When the wedding Mass is celebrated the bread and wine are consecrated to become the Body and Blood of Christ which is received in Holy Communion.
- Concluding Rites
- The end of the liturgy which blesses everyone and send them out to continue the celebration.