Roman Missal — texts
Frequently Asked Questions:
On this page it is intended to make available various texts from the Roman Missal. These will include the Order of Mass in a format which can be copied and used as a participation aid.
Holy Week & Triduum
A separate page give texts and resources to facilitate the celebration of Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord and Sacred Triduum.
Order of Mass
Bookmark for the Liturgy of the Word — This is intended to be placed in the Lectionary to help readers, deacons and priests remember the new dialogues in the Liturgy of Word. The pdf provides two formats: with and without music.
Eucharistic Prayers for Concelebration
These documents are intended to be printed as A5-booklets
In 2013 The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments have informed Bishops' Conferences that from henceforward St Joseph is to be insert into Eucharistic Prayers II-IV in the Roman Missal.
St Joseph — more information and resources.
the following documents allow the comparison of the 1973 and the 2010 translation.
Order of Mass leaflets
The following leaflets may be reproduced for local parish use.
|contents||A5||A5 2 colour||A4 large print|
|with Nicene Creed|
|with Apostles' Creed|
The leaflets are arranged as follows:
- 2 sides of A4 designed to be folded to form 4 page A5 booklet
- A5 2 colour
- The same as the A5 pdfs but with the rubrics and commentary in red.
- A4 large print
- 4 sides of A4 which may be printed on A3. Uses serif font and the spoken text is 14 point on the first 2 leaflets (full and Nicene Creed) and 15 point (Apostles' Creed and Weekdays)
- Full text
- Text for Sunday Mass with all 3 forms of Penitential Act and both Nicene and Apostles' Creed
- with Nicene Creed
- as full text but with only the Nicene Creed
- with Apostles' Creed
- as full text but with only the Apostles' Creed
- the text omits the Gloria and the Creed
Pocket Order of Mass
Pdf for insertion into people's Missals. A6 size - printed on A4, to be copied back-to-back and then stapled and cut to produce 2 Orders of Mass.