- Preparations for Publicaton
- Introduction of Roman Missal
- Launch of Become One Body One Spirit in Christ
Frequently Asked Questions:
Become One Body One Spirit in Christ
- learn more about the interactive DVD
At this time we appreciate your concern for the dignity and reverence with which the Mass is celebrated. This is a central part of the life of every priest and bishop and we are committed to constant effort in this regard. In particular the new translations of the Roman Missal offer us an opportune moment to deepen our appreciation of the Mass. Through catechesis we can renew our reception of the richness of the Church’s faith through the ages which, in faithfulness, is now handed on to us in these texts.
Finally, I should like to speak to you about two specific matters that affect your episcopal ministry at this time. One is the imminent publication of the new translation of the Roman Missal. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the contribution you have made, with such painstaking care, to the collegial exercise of reviewing and approving the texts. This has provided an immense service to Catholics throughout the English-speaking world. I encourage you now to seize the opportunity that the new translation offers for in-depth catechesis on the Eucharist and renewed devotion in the manner of its celebration. “The more lively the eucharistic faith of the people of God, the deeper is its sharing in ecclesial life in steadfast commitment to the mission entrusted by Christ to his disciples” (Sacramentum Caritatis, 6).
This page is a starting point for information about the new translation of the Roman Missal. It is divided into 5 areas:
- May 2011 — National Pastoral Letter on the Roman Missal
- March 2011 — Preparations for the publication of the new translation of the Roman Missal are moving forward in England and Wales
- January 2011 — Press Release on Introduction of new translation in England and Wales
- January 2011 — Press Release on interactive DVD Become One Body One Spirit in Christ
- April 2010 — ICEL Press release on Missal recognitio
- November 2009 — Press Statement on completion of voting on the Roman Missal