England & Wales
God of everlasting mercy,
who, in the very recurrence of the paschal feast
kindle the faith of the people you have made your own
increase, we pray, the grace you have bestowed,
that all may grasp and rightly understand
in what font they have been washed,
by whose Spirit they have been reborn,
by whose Blood they have been redeemed.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ ….
Roman Missal, Second Sunday of Easter
The fifty days from the Sunday of the Resurrection to Pentecost Sunday are celebrated in joy and exultation as one feast day, indeed as one 'great Sunday'.
These are days above all others in which the Alleluia is sung.
Universal Norms for the Liturgical Year and Calendar, 22
The Guidance of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales can be found on its webpages.
Liturgy Office material is gathered on a resources page.
The God who Speaks: Year of the Word
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Prayers during a time of 'flu and illness
- Sunday of the Word of God
- Day of Prayer for Survivors of Abuse - 12 April
- St Paul VI added to liturgical Calendar
- StudyGuide to Catholic Liturgy
- Feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Eternal High Priest & Calendar Notes
- Chrism Mass & Adoremus Resources II
- Adoremus- resources I
- Bishops' Conference November 2017 - Magnum Principium
- Cycle of Prayer - Intercessions & Bible Sunday
- Holydays of Obligation
- The place of silence
- CDF Instruction on Cremation and the Burial of Ashes
- Liturgical Calendar 2017
- Forthcoming Liturgical Translations
- Feast of St Mary Magdalene
Cycle of Prayer — Lent
- Candidates for the Sacraments
- especially on the Sundays of Lent
- The Needy and Hungry of the World
- especially on Lent Fast Day (Friday after 1st Sunday of Lent)
- Women's World Day of Prayer
- (1st Friday in March)
- Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- (Friday of the 5th Week of Lent)
- Penitents and Wanderers
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales have dedicated 2020 as a year of focus on the Bible and ‘The God Who Speaks’.
Confirmation & Marriage
New translations of the Order of Confirmation and the Order of Celebrating Matrimony was published in January 2016 for use from Easter 2016.
- Press Release
- Order of Confirmation — Information & Resources
- Order of Celebrating Matrimony — Information & Resources
Formation material for and texts from the Roman Missal have been re-incorporated back inothe Liturgy Office website.
- Liturgical Calendar
- Cycle of Prayer
Department for Christian Life and Worship
The Department for Christian Life and Worship is one of the six Departments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. It is advised by three Committees: