England & Wales
Almighty ever-living God,
direct our actions according to your good pleasure,
that in the name of your beloved Son
we may abound in good works.
Through Christ our Lord.
Roman Missal, 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Besides the times of year that have their own distinctive character, there remains in the yearly cycle thirty-three or thirty-four weeks in which no particular aspect of the mystery of Christ is celebrated,but rather the mystery of Christ itself is honoured in its fullness, especially on Sundays. This period is known as Ordinary Time.
Beginning with the Third Sunday, there is a semicontinuous reading of the Synoptic Gospels. This reading is arranged in such a way that as the Lord's life and preaching unfold the teaching proper to each of these Gospels is presented.
- St Paul VI added to liturgical Calendar
- StudyGuide to Catholic Liturgy
- Feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Eternal High Priest & Calendar Notes
- Chrism Mass & Adoremus Resources II
- Adoremus- resources I
- Bishops' Conference November 2017 - Magnum Principium
- Cycle of Prayer - Intercessions & Bible Sunday
- Holydays of Obligation
- The place of silence
- CDF Instruction on Cremation and the Burial of Ashes
- Liturgical Calendar 2017
- Forthcoming Liturgical Translations
- Feast of St Mary Magdalene
- Peace on Earth
- especially on the Day of Prayer for Peace (2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) and on Racial Justice day (3 Sundays before the 1st Sunday of Lent)
- Christian Unity
- especially during the Octave of Prayer for Christian Unity (18–25 January
- Victims of Human Trafficking
- especially on St Josephine Bakhita (8 February)
- The Sick and those who care for them
- especially on World Day for the Sick (11 February)
- The Unemployed
- especially on the Day of Prayer for the Unemployed (1 Sunday before the 1st Sunday of Lent)
The bishops of England and Wales held Adoremus a National Eucharistic Pilgrimage and Congress in Liverpool 7–9 September 2018.
- Further details about Adoremus
- Resources for:
Confirmation & Marriage
New translations of the Order of Confirmation and the Order of Celebrating Matrimony was published in January 2016 for use from Easter 2016.
- Press Release
- Order of Confirmation — Information & Resources
- Order of Celebrating Matrimony — Information & Resources
Visit the Roman Missal website
- Liturgical Calendar
- Cycle of Prayer
Department for Christian Life and Worship
The Department for Christian Life and Worship is one of the six Departments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. It is advised by three Committees: