One of the useful features of Liturgy Magazine, formerly published by the Liturgy Office was its book reviews. These provided an opportunity for readers to be kept alert to many of the books on liturgy and related subjects that were being published and the issues that were being discussed in them.
There has been some attempt to carry brief reviews in Liturgy’s successor the Liturgy Newsletter. However these have necessarily been very brief, and have been inadequate to their purpose.
In future it is intended to include in Liturgy Newsletter a list of significant books received, and to publish on the website reviews of these books. This will both allow a fuller range of material to be reviewed, by a wider range of reviewers, and for those reviewers to have space to adequately engage with the content and argument of the books concerned.
Readers of Liturgy Newsletter are always welcome to draw to the Editor’s attention any significant books that may have passed us by.
Fr Allen Morris
Editor, Liturgy Newsletter
- Celebration Hymnal for Everyone - Supplement
- A Lenten Journey - The Stories and Scriptures of Lent in Song - Bob Hurd
- The Shape of the Liturgy
- Gathering for Worship: Patterns and Prayers for the Community of Disciples
- Entrance Antiphons for the Church Year
- Choral Praise Comprehensive - Second Edition with Readings
- In Faith, In Hope — Christopher Walker
- Brief Reviews
- At Home with the Word 2006
- Daily Prayer 2006
- God Among Us - John Foley
- Tryin' to get ready - Janét Sullivan Whitaker
- With the Word of God
- Q&A: The Mass
- The Lay Eucharistic Minister's Handbook
- Adoro Te — Chant and Hymns to the Blessed Sacrament
- Guiding Light: a Way of the Cross with Oscar Romero.
- Resources for times of remembrance: Beyond our Tears
- The Bugnini-Liturgy and the Reform of the Reform
- Celebrating the Christian Year: Volume 1 - Ordinary Time
- Healed, Restored, Forgiven: liturgies, prayers and readings for the ministry of healing.
- Living the Lectionary — links to life and literature. Year C
- Preparing Parish Liturgies: A guide to resources
- Voices from the Council